Us Playboy Lines 11-12
The audio files below walk you through the first two lines of "Us Playboy", which accounts for 14 syllables in total. Note that all the numbers have been doubled this unit. This is because you are now more familiar with Portuguese sounds and can now start to develop your auditory memory capacity. You ability to retain longer sequences of sound in your short-term memory is crucial to mimicry. So this lesson might take longer than usual, but know that the additional mental exertion is good for you in the long run.
In the track below, I chant the URB of line 11-12 repeatedly.
- Listen through one time to familiarize yourself with the rhythm.
- Play again and chant along with me.
- Do not move on until you can chant both lines of the URB from memory without the aid of the audio.
To make the line more manageable, I have broken it down into two sections: A and B. In the tracks below, I articulate each syllable of each section.
- Listen closely and mimic my pronunciation exactly.
- If you are unsure about a symbol, review it in the Phonetic Notation Key.
- Do not move on until you are comfortable articulating each sound.
In the tracks below, I combine the rhythm and syllables to construct the full lyric.
- Listen closely and repeat after me in the time allotted to you. Sometimes I will cue you in with the word "Go!"
- Do not worry about saying a syllable wrong, you will have plenty of opportunities. What's most important is that you stick to the beat.
- Do not move on until you are comfortable chanting each section from memory.
The track below replays a reduced speed version of line 11-12 on loop several times.
- Press play and sing along with the audio repeatedly until the end of the track.
- Once the track is finished, try to recall the lyrics from memory and sing out loud without the audio aid.
- Do not move on until you are able to sing the line correctly without the audio aid 5 times in a row.
Once you are able to sing lines 11-12 from memory without the aid of the audio, move on to the next page - Memorization.